Companies House recently published unusual excuses people gave for filing company accounts late.
Check out the top 8 below:
- Goats ate my accounts
- I found my wife in the bath with my accountant
- Pirates stole my accounts
- We delivered the accounts to the betting office next door to companies house
- A Volcano erupted and prevented me from filing
- Slug ate my accounts
- It was Valentine’s Day
- My company was more successful than I thought that it would be, so I was too busy to file
Companies House stated that each of the above appeals were unsuccessful, and a late filing penalty was applied in every case.