As you know, it was announced by the Government that small businesses who are in receipt of small business rate relief and rural relief will receive a £10,000 grant.
What is Available
- £10,000 for businesses in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief
- £10,000 for retail, hospitality or leisure businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less
- £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
You will need to meet these eligibility criteria for a grant.
- grants apply to business properties only and are not per business
- it is not possible to receive two grants per property
- properties occupied for personal use are not eligible
- retail, leisure and hospitality grants are only available to all businesses that receive the Expanded Retail Discount with a rateable value of less than £51,000. Read the Expanded Retail Discount guidance
- businesses that were in liquidation or were dissolved as of 11 March are not eligible
- your business was not in difficulty as of 31st December 2019
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact your local authority.
What you may need to apply
We will need some evidence that you are a business, this could be:
- VAT Registration number
- your company number, as regsitered with Companies House
- if you are self employed, your Unique Taxpayer Reference
You will also need to provide:
- your business rates account number
- your bank details
- evidence of your business bank account, this can be a scan or photo of your statement or any bank letter
If you do not have one or more of these, we can still take your application however this may delay the processing of your grant.
How to Apply – South Yorkshire
Sheffield City Council – complete an online application form
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council – Their website say that they are still awaiting further guidance from the government and will update the website with details when they become available. In the meantime, if you’d like to be considered, please fill in our refund contact form. This will be sent directly to us for review. You’ll need your bank details and please make sure that you also provide an email address and contact number.
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council – complete an online application form
Doncaster Council- complete an online application form
Please check your local authority website for details on how to apply.